My Gastric Bypass Story - Before and After Weight Loss Surgery




Sometimes it ' s oppressive to accredit how much my life at variance before and after gastric bypass surgery. And weight loss is matchless a small part of it.





Firm, I ' ve minus 130 pounds. I ' ve gone from a size 24 to sometime between an 8 and a 10. But really, the biggest changes have been on the inside.





If you ' ve notably considered having weight loss surgery, you ' ve customary wondered about those changes, and what they ' d be like. Are they all good, or are some bad? How will you be different before and after gastric bypass surgery?





Before gastric bypass surgery, I was self - conscious and embarrassed when rally strangers. After, I ' ve become gilded in my body and altogether luxuriate in confrontation new people. I no longer stroke like the first thing people apprehension is my weight.





Before I looked at myself as some amicable of error. I felt like being obese was a character defect. After gastric bypass surgery, I ' ve discovered how to lamp past my weight and grindstone on what ' s on the inside.





Before gastric bypass surgery, I was usually too pooped to play with my kids. After, I ' ve got the energy I need to keep up with them. In fact, I ' ve got energy to spare for lots of the things I never got around to before.





Before, I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. But my appetite and cravings were more in strings than I was. After gastric bypass surgery, it ' s sometimes hard to find things I hunger to eat. My appetite is certainly not in superintendence - sometimes it ' s oppressive to unfluctuating find. My entire relationship with food has various.





Before gastric bypass surgery I was cheery about the things I ate. After, I exigency make unequivocal I excite all the vitamins, protein and liquids my body requires on a daily basis. I thoroughly have to think about what goes into my entry more pdq. But before, I was painful to keep things out hence I could lose weight. After, I ' m constantly gargantuan to bias enough in to stay healthy.





Before, I realizing gastric bypass surgery was " the snap way out. " That I ' d automatically be skinny if I did this. After, I ' ve learned that the surgery is just a tool and the results I influence depend on how I use it.





Before gastric bypass surgery I had inexperienced - looking skin under my apparel. I may have had stretch marks, but my skin looked usual for my age. After, my skin looks like a cross between a melted candle and a deflated balloon. Of course, only myself and my husband ever see that. And I do look much better than before with clothes on.





Before, going out to eat with my family was a joy, part of the fabric of our lives. After gastric bypass surgery, eating out became stressful and difficult. Nothing is worse than looking at a menu and seeing nothing that won ' t make you dump. Except, of course, for ordering something that will and getting sick. It puts a real damper on everyone ' s meal.





Finally, before gastric bypass surgery I was a ticking time bomb. Hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea, any number of other health hazards were on my horizon due to my excess weight. Afterwards, I ' m much healthier and have drastically less risk of developing everything from high blood pressure to cancer.





I look different, I feel different inside and out. Some of the changes before and after gastric bypass surgery have been good, some not so much. But for me, every one is a change worth making.


Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Write comments
Jenni
AUTHOR
July 20, 2012 at 4:23 AM delete

It is always preferable to have a doctor who is capable of listening when you really need to talk to a doctor about a difficult set of symptoms.
ask a doctor

Reply
avatar