Short Story - Greed For Gold




Dear instructor, My manage is a half-grown rising figure in the Organization Company in which he is working. Handsome and vivacious, he can speak impromptu on subdivision subject. Being a likable person, he has a lot of friends and I too began to have legion friends. In short, we are a couple cherished by all and life is really appealing.





One point when Rohan was away in Hong Kong spot he had gone on validated tour, I drove to the Akshardham refuge at Noida More, Delhi, just to tide away the infinity. It was evening and the soundless taction there very halcyon and enjoyable; I didn ' t heed that it was nowadays pitch-dark. I was startled by the sound of approaching end steps. A man and his wife, labourers by appearance, wanted to say to me. On question, they asked me to speak to me alone. I wondered what it could be, but did not perceive member apprehension.





They told me they got something like gold term digging there for construction of the haven; can I confirm it? Being a woman, jewellers won ' t suspect me of larceny. The man gave me two pieces which looked like senile coins. Of course I felt charged and wanted to understand the genuineness. They told me to come after two days at the same spot and isolated.





I drove straight to a jeweller known to us, from whom we bought jewels generally. You spot, ours was a love matrimonial and Rohan pampered me as he earned a lot of money and was a bit abundant The shopkeeper did not investigate lump questions; he confirmed it was pure 24 carat gold!





I wanted to contact Rohan, but, to my dejection, all my efforts failed. Some song from Hong Kong informed that he will return to the hotel alone after a season. I was tense that they may passage someone increased and I may lose a golden chance. I waited impatiently till the appointed hour, with sound cash withdrawn from bank ( He gives my portion symbol of blank cheques when he goes on tour ).





Oh! They are coming... I took them to our flat and after closing the door carefully, equipped the bag. I counted hundred coins, each weighing ten grams. How much do you want? I asked.





We are very moneyless. Never touched gold. Make over us whatever you feel proper - was the answer.





I felt pity; and greedy too. I offered Rs. fifteen lac. They consulted among themselves and fundamentally agreed.





I went to the jeweller instantly and handed over the gold... Each moment seemed like an hour. After eternity, he appeared with a long face.. Madam, they cheated you... The earth began to go round and round... When I came to, a doctor was examining me. He gave some medicines. I am depressed. I cannot face Rohan.





Dear reader, You watch obituary column in the newspaper tomorrow. Good bye, Rohan.... Marry some sensible girl as soon as you can forget me.


Previous
Next Post »