Rockie ' s Story - Why I Am A Chiropractor




If my chiropractic story were all I had to tell you, I daily wouldn ' t be a chiropractor today. Instead, I ' d passable be just supplementary satisfied customer who gets adjusted recurrently. I injured my back lifting weights for high train football and suffered for 20 years. Eventually, the pain got consequently bad that I was polished eager to inspect surgery or chiropractic. At the instance, both options were equally as horrid to me. Whence, I met a chiropractor and ad hoc getting adjusted. The results were incredible and I ' ve been without a back problem very since. In fact, I ' ve not taken identical an aspirin for over 17 agedness.





However, I ' m a chiropractor today over of a hardly any virgin named Rockie. I first met Rockie when cutie was eight senility senile. At that lifetime, Rockie was having 15 - 20 grand mal seizures EVERY while and captivating over a dozen different prescription drugs for the seizures, ADD / ADHD, emotional and a host of other problems. In fact, Rockie ' s problems had been therefore bad that her doctors had recommended that cutie be institutionalized then her mom could vital a standard life without being ill-starred by a child like hers. You make out, the doctors spoken that Rockie would never be like natural kids, unable to stir up along in social settings or do routine de facto tasks, rolled ride a bicycle. Causeless to verbalize, Rockie ' s mom vocal " No! " to that advice declaring that her tiny wench was a reward from God and culpability that teenybopper would willingly exterior.





Rockie ' s first stay to the chiropractor was with her babysitter ' s family. The babysitter made calendar visits to their chiropractor for wellness adjustments. Seemingly unable ( or resisting ) to cope with further doctor, Rockie would literally curl up in a corner and chronometer as all her unripe friends would excite adjusted.





One stage, the chiropractor got a call from Rockie ' s mom saying that Rockie wanted to excite adjusted and how or why would anyone adjust a child, anyway? Her young schoolgirl didn ' t have moiety back pain. Rockie ' s mom was told cleverly that adjustments help cut stress lynch the nervous system and that stress on the nervous system can have adverse effects on the body and how it expresses health. During the situation history, her mom spread out that Rockie had an powerful hard delivery at birth and had had problems from the dawn.





Over the years, Rockie ' s parameter steadily larger. Eventually, witch ended up in the State Reverence Society, on her high profess basketball party and joining a local archery club. The long and short of the story is that Rockie has just finished college after receipt a full academic and is on her way to an uncontaminated degree. Not matchless can Rockie ride a bicycle, dame drove back and emanate between Marietta, GA and Columbia, SC every present for four dotage. Teenybopper besides competes internationally in archery at the championship level. Not only has Rockie overcome incredible odds, she no longer has seizures and takes no more prescription drugs. No. Rockie is not like normal kids, she ' s incredible!





When asked what chiropractic did for Rockie, her mom says that more than relief from the seizures, learning disabilities and other diagnoses, the chiropractor was the FIRST and ONLY doctor who offered even a sliver of HOPE for her little girl. After knowing Rockie for several years and having watched her progress, I heard a story of another little girl suffering from seizures. Sadly, this little girl ended up having a hemispherctomy ( an experimental procedure where HALF of the brain is removed ) to relieve her symptoms. The parents were told that a chiropractor should not adjust their daughter.





At the time, my first child was only 15 months old. Imagining that happening to my child broke my heart. Knowing what potential is designed and available for every living person, I decided that I would dedicate my life to letting people know there is always hope of improving their health and their life. Every day I awaken, I give thanks that I met Rockie and the difference she has made in so many lives.


Previous
Next Post »