A Skin Story




We all love baby skin. It is thus soft, smooth and fat - integral with wobbling cheeks. If onliest we could retain that skin all our lives, we would have fashion the parent of youth. Alas, those wishes are but unrequited longings of the impossible gracious. Still, we can do our bit to keep whatever vestiges of health and winsomeness alive for as long as we vital and hope on. Some juncture, manufacturers of those dinky, ridiculously valuable containers selling half - kept promises will all be able to package shiny baby softness... Till hence we will have to make do with blackheads, pimples, wrinkles, cleansers, toners, moisturizers and sunscreens.





As a child I lived outdoors when I wasn ' t confined to the four walls of a classroom in brief. My chargeless hours would find me swinging on ' my ' branch of a guava tree in our compound, eating the rock tough uncooked fruit, waiting for people to finish homework and come out to play. I could not master people staying indoors during the duration. There was since much to do outdoors. Those days we were completely imbecilic of the term ' sun screen '. Skin care meant washing our faces with gram powder and using milk cream at nighttide before force to base. A brief Vaseline kept our lips from getting too dry. I had good skin. It was golden brown, with a healthy sheen that came from loads of running around, sitting on my branch and playing catch till darkness fell. All the food I ate got digested and I was reed thin.





Wherefore I grew up. The tree irretrievable its appeal. Outdoor games were meant for ' kids '. Books, music and dry replaced running around. Food and writing became obsessions. I became fat. Friends today pinching my cheeks - more out of compulsion than an acknowledgement of my cuteness. It was embarrassing. I had to lose weight, and more select annulling my body of wholesome healthy food to melting it out playing ' catch ' with juvenile siblings and cousins. Aught anybody uttered would make me eat more than half an idli and gulp a glass of milk for breakfast. Lunch was a meager bowl of curd, a ladle full of rice, deeper of vegetables, salad and some aachar. Carousing was largely skipped.





Naturally my skin took on a dull pallor. The golden sparks it had during my running around days had lacking. One of my friends who met me after a long aperture commented, " Hey, you pike like an old woman in a tender witch ' s body. What ' s not precise with your frontage?! " it hit me like oblivion aggrandized had in the past. I was all of 19. I wanted my tinder back!! I implied the basics of nutrition, knew exercise was good for the body, but could not comprehend what bleeding heart of exercise I should do. Climbing trees was out. Wherefore I went in to the following yoga break in, and just now my parley with toning up. I was taught some of the basic Aasanaas to attune my body to a new reality which my captain hoped would become a habit. Slowly, schoolgirl initiated me into Surya Namaskar and taught me a procedure called Lagu Frog sticker Prakshalana, which cleanses the alimentary system of all toxins. Weeks later, I could feel my body toning up, and my skin was getting to its naturally glowing self - thank god!





Today, I continue to do my yoga ( although not the Lagu Shank Prakshalana, as it takes almost two hours to complete ) and work out five to six days a week at FitnessOne. Exercise in any form increases blood circulation, naturally pushing toxins out of our bodies. If you have just started working out, you would have noticed, you sleep better and wake up fresher each morning, naturally giving your skin time to rejuvenate. Don ' t forget to drink lots of water and keep your body hydrated. Another secret to great, healthy skin is eating right, eating smart.


Previous
Next Post »