Why Apply Vitamin C to Your Facial Skin?




I've been putting a daily solution on my skin which contains vitamins A, C, and E. This solution (which I use between my cleanser and moisturizer) protects against UVA rays that age and UVB rays that burn. I know that putting these vitamins on my skin is good for me, but why? I decided to take a look at the reasoning behind these three vitamins, beginning with vitamin C.





Salynn Boyles of WebMD Health News reports: "In one of the first studies to examine the impact of nutrients from foods rather than supplements on skin aging, researchers reported that people who ate plenty of vitamin C rich foods had fewer wrinkles than people whose diets contained little of the vitamin." When it comes to wrinkles and skin aging---- we are what we eat!





Okay, so eating vitamin C rich foods may help slow the wrinkling process- but how does that translate to applying vitamin C to our facial skin? Vitamin C is READILY ABSORBED into your skin! It has a double action thing going on-it acts as an antioxidant, but it also fights free radicals which can damage your skin. Vitamin C also boosts collagen production.





The thing about vitamin C is that it gets depleted very rapdly in the body. Therefore, you need a constant supply of the vitamin in your foods, your oral vitamin supplements, and your facial skin supplements for the most optimal benefit.





The very best thing we can do for our facial skin, vitamin C wise, is to apply a serum enriched with a blend of botanical sources known for high levels of vitamin C. I have just started doing this recently along with the daily solution I mentioned before. I'm a busy mom of toddler twins-if I have time for these extra steps in taking care of my skin- so do you!


Previous
Next Post »