Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome AKA PCOS - My Personal Story




For most of my life I have enjoyed having good health. As a child I would occasionally succumb to the daily crisp or feasibly straight the flu but for the most part I was as healthy as a confessed horse. However, I was inconsiderable ample. I was told by everyone from my pediatrician to my great that I had " baby fat " and that I would outgrow my banal chin and pudgy stomach. As a teenager, my weight began to domiciliate and I was healthy and active. I had a natural menstrual course that I could set my clock to. Mighty Being was consequently amicable to me that I did not exact have to bother with acne.





Well that was life in a nutshell as an adolescent. By the ticks I had reached my subordinate trick in college I had gained a whopping 75 pounds. I had the prize of swivel impart in Knoxville, Tennessee - a grand part in the foothills of the Smokies setting the sun shone over 300 days a pace. Since the campus was therefore hilly and the classes were forasmuch as far away, it was not uncommon to airing over 3 + miles a chronology. Presently I kept gaining weight. Having been forewarned about the Freshman 15, I took great pride in eating well and avoiding waste food. I prone watched my portion sizes and counted the unpleasant, miserable calories. Climactically I gained more weight.





Firm that my problem was due to lethargy, I began an exercise regimen in addition to animated to and from my classes. Exercising, though it boosted my mood and energy resources, did not originate the scale to budge. I did not advantage anymore weight ( thank Absolute being! ) but I did not lose detail weight either. Meanwhile my tops crony could forgo drinking a can of soda and maybe steady her daily allotment of mashed potatoes and lose five pounds in a lifetime ( I scorn her! ). However, I was unmistakable that my problem was due to my absence of willpower and my inability to strings my carbohydrate ( sugar ) cravings.





It was not until after I graduated from college and retaliated home that I realized that something was untrue with my body. I began lost periods ( I was practicing abstinence so I was not pregnant ), growing unsightly facial hair ( what the heck? ), and for the first time I had acne. My discomfort from the symptoms and my embarrassment about my burgeoning physique led me to seek some answers. I was finally diagnosed with PCOS last year at the ripe old age of 29. Up until last year I really had no clue what I was up against. I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge about this chronic illness and it is my mission to educate as many women ( and men ) about how devastating this disease is to women who have it. But... there is always hope. Though a cure does not exist at the moment, there are ways of managing the troublesome symptoms that arise.





Until next time, stay strong and keep your head up.





Teneshya Miller ( T. )


Previous
Next Post »